Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus Linux version on GOG?
Cyril Dec 27, 2019
Hi,

In the GOG forum, someone posted the latest changelog (update 1.3.7) and it seems the Linux version has finally arrived on GOG. I asked for confirmation but got no answer for now. And since I don't have the game there I wanted to know...

So is there anybody have this game on GOG and can tell me if it's true and the game runs fine?

Thanks!

Last edited by Cyril on 27 December 2019 at 7:25 pm UTC
Liam Dawe Dec 27, 2019
Just checked, yup it's there. 1.3.7.
Cyril Dec 27, 2019
Quoting: Liam DaweJust checked, yup it's there. 1.3.7.

Could you test it?
Avehicle7887 Dec 28, 2019
Wow this is some happy news for me, unfortunately I'll have to hold off my horses though as it seems some DLC still hasn't received the Linux treat.
Liam Dawe Dec 28, 2019
Ah, now I get why you're asking. Linux version on GOG was only added a few days ago, now it all makes sense. Yup, the DLC is currently missing though but I imagine they're getting to it if they've just recently put the game up.
Cyril Dec 28, 2019
Quoting: Avehicle7887Wow this is some happy news for me, unfortunately I'll have to hold off my horses though as it seems some DLC still hasn't received the Linux treat.

Yeah I agree but since the game is on sale on GOG at -50% that's interesting.

Happy to read that the Linux version works well.
I'll wait a bit to see if they release the DLC as well, if you see it on GOG please tell us here!

I hope that GOG will display the Tux icon too to be sure it's officially supported.
Cyril Jan 2, 2020
So I finally bought the game on GOG, even thought the Linux icon isn't there officially, but fuck I forgot to use the GOL link...

The game works out of the box but I can't get 60 fps in the combat mode, with the Vsync activated it shows 30fps max. But I read that borderless fullscreen window might improve the performances. I will test that. It's turn based game so it's not a big problem either.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.