Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
The Complex (interactive movie) works now with Proton-5.6-GE-2 (media fixes)
Sojiro84 Apr 14, 2020
Proton-5.6-GE-2 is one of those builds which have mfplat fixes and wmv fixes.

This is more of a interactive movie rather than a game, but a perfect test for those mfplat fixes.

Only issue currently is that the people speaking sound like robotic chipmunks.

We are getting there!

Last edited by Sojiro84 on 14 April 2020 at 11:26 am UTC
Sojiro84 Apr 15, 2020
Let me know if Late Shift also works (if you have it), then I can add it to my wishlist to also get that one later.

I did finished The Complex last night. Fun story but defo need to replay it when the audio is fixed. Was hard to take it all seriously when they talk as chipmunks!

I also noticed there was a loud ERROR like sound when the game started to play a new video file.
Sojiro84 Apr 15, 2020
That's a shame. Guess a slightly different video format.

Thanks for the info!

Last edited by Sojiro84 on 15 April 2020 at 9:04 am UTC
Sojiro84 Apr 15, 2020
Interesting. I wonder of those tricks might make the audio work better on The Complex.

Edit: no it does not.

Last edited by Sojiro84 on 15 April 2020 at 11:13 am UTC
Sojiro84 Apr 15, 2020
Quoting: The_Aquabat
Quoting: Sojiro84Interesting. I wonder of those tricks might make the audio work better on The Complex.

Edit: no it does not.

did you try installing xact? also maybe PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC=60 can help.

Yeah, xact was one of the first things I tried.

I just now tested "PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC=60" but no changes either. So it most likely is a issue of the early stages of the mfplat fix.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.