Sims 3 Create a World tool
garpu Aug 21, 2020
So I'm wondering: is it possible to get the Sims 3 Create a World Tool working with Proton? Here's the procedure to get it working via Windows and steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=277022926

I guess what I'm asking is: how do I add a program to the same prefix as Sims 3 under proton (Is it as easy as using my system wine, use the same prefix as Sims 3, then regedit?) Or is there a simpler way I'm not thinking of?
garpu Aug 21, 2020
ETA: That worked. I used my system WINE to edit the registry and run the tool. Would be nice if Steam had the tool, though, too.
tuubi Aug 21, 2020
Quoting: garpuETA: That worked. I used my system WINE to edit the registry and run the tool. Would be nice if Steam had the tool, though, too.
You should be able to use the protontricks wrapper for winetricks to start regedit in your game's Proton prefix.
garpu Aug 21, 2020
Yeah...it would be nice if the Create a World Tool had some integration with Steam's Sims, proper, though. But it works well enough.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.