Insurgency Sandstrom. (Solved)
pete910 Dec 16, 2021
Had this installed as there was a brief period that Linux/Wine worked. However after the patch it would just boot you out due to EAC again.

There was another patch today and found this in the patch notes.

QuoteThe Linux Situation

Hello penguin pals, this message is being written for you by someone who has in their lifetime been a self-described Linux-head. Yes, we are very much aware that EAC announced Proton and Wine compatibility. Please understand however that we would still need to do quite a bit of development work to properly support Linux, and at this point in time we do not have that capacity. Thank you for your understanding!

Shame as it run great through proton for me. Still miffed that they canned Linux support tbh.

Edit:

I found the issue.

The problem was a workaround for Star citizen that I had done via the host file last November due to EAC !
I think it was the lug-helper script that actually did it.

Still for those that are having issues and play SC best to check!

Last edited by pete910 on 6 March 2022 at 2:45 pm UTC
14 Dec 18, 2021
Agree. I actually purchased the game in that short, little period due to Proton reports! Now, whenever I want to play, I start up a dedicated server to host it without EAC. It's not ideal and I wouldn't have purchased it knowing the extra hassle, but since I did buy it, I couldn't let it rot. It's my kind of game and we don't have a ton of options for Linux in this arena.
pete910 Mar 6, 2022
Fixed the issue, I'll update the OP with what was causing it .
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.