Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Linux runs %80 of Steam top 100
mr-victory Dec 17, 2021
protondb.com tells that %80 of top 100 games are playable on linux. Yay!
This topic has an answer marked - jump to answer.
tuubi Dec 18, 2021
In case you missed it, Liam took a slightly more in-depth look a couple of months ago.

QuoteThe takeaway here is that when blending together native Linux builds, those that run well with the official Valve Proton and Proton GE you can currently expect approximately 75% (minus 3 if you don't want to count Proton GE) of the top 100 to work on Linux / SteamOS and so hopefully the SteamOS Linux powered Steam Deck too.
Liam Dawe Dec 18, 2021
Quoting: tuubiIn case you missed it, Liam took a slightly more in-depth look a couple of months ago.

QuoteThe takeaway here is that when blending together native Linux builds, those that run well with the official Valve Proton and Proton GE you can currently expect approximately 75% (minus 3 if you don't want to count Proton GE) of the top 100 to work on Linux / SteamOS and so hopefully the SteamOS Linux powered Steam Deck too.
I'll be doing an updated article on that in a month or two :)

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 18 December 2021 at 1:23 pm UTC
mr-victory Dec 18, 2021
Quoting: tuubiIn case you missed it, Liam took a slightly more in-depth look a couple of months ago.
We were at %75 at that time so I thought we had hit another milestone so I created this post.

Last edited by mr-victory on 18 December 2021 at 5:30 pm UTC
tuubi Dec 18, 2021
Quoting: mr-victory
We were at %75 at that time so I thought we had hit another milestone so I created this post.
Yeah that's fine. I just wanted to mention a relevant article.
damarrin Dec 19, 2021
Wouldn't %80 actually be 1.8%? Unless it’s a $80 situation.

Still, a damn fine result for proton.

It really shows enthusiasm and free time only get you so far, without a solid financial foundation everything is finished in about 80%.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.