ESO Linux Addon Manager
akselmo Dec 20, 2021
Hi all, I wanted to share an addon manager (well, a downloader atm) I've been making for Elder Scrolls Online players, that runs natively on Linux. Basically it just downloads all the addons from a huge list and also updates Tamriel TradeCenter prices for you, so you don't have to go hunt down every link again whenever an addon updates.. Or fight with the official-ish ESOUI client and it's jar files. The links are saved in a simple txt file so you can even share your addon list easily with friends, lol.

Here's the link: https://github.com/Akselmo/ESOLinuxAddonManager

Currently it uses Python and GTK. I however want to move the app to Qt and C++ since it would give me a perfect reason to study both Qt and C++. I will at first try to get the Qt version of the app just do the same as the Python app does, but eventually I want to make it compare versions and only update those addons that need updating, proper managing so you can delete addons installed, etc etc.

Anyway it's just a hobby project, I hope people here like it and find it useful. Feel free to create issues if you encounter crashes! There are few crashes that has happened to me and I have no idea why because if I launch the app through terminal, it of course behaves perfectly... So sometimes just restarting the app fixes the problem.

PS. I wasn't really sure what category to share this in, but since ESO is Steam Play/Wine Gaming, i put this there. I hope thats ok

Last edited by akselmo on 20 December 2021 at 8:24 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.