Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Mouse/scrolling issue in Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Pangaea Jan 30, 2022
Hi. Recently started playing this game again, as it is excellent. Still very sad about the sequel not having Linux-support, despite an even more successful Kickstarter and a ready engine/base to work upon, but.. sigh. I'm having some mouse and scrolling issues in Kingmaker, on the native Linux build, version 2.1.5 (there is a 2.1.7 but GOG or Owlcat refuses to release it for Linux, not sure which of them is responsible at the end of the day).

In various inventory screens, it will sometimes work to scroll (with mousewheel), but sometimes not. In the regular inventory screen, it will usually not work properly. I need to scroll a whole ton to get the window to move down/up. If I drag the bar to the right of the screen instead, the whole thing will get janky. When I then try to put the mouse over an item, for example to sell it or doubleclick to an NPC slot, the screen will jump up and down as I move the mouse, making it impossible to "target" the item. Very strange.

The mouse pointer is also sometimes inaccurate when I for example hover over text in the combat log (to check dice rolls etc). I must have the pointer slightly above or below (don't recall right now) the relevant text for the correct popup to show. Sometimes it's difficult to hit the scrollbar in windows too, for example when upgrading to a new level on an NPC.

Do you have this game, or have seen the similar behaviour in other Unity games, and know what could cause this? I recall it was the same when I played the game on the 2.0.8 version a year or two ago. I'm on Linux Mint if that matters, which is now up to 20.3. I have a wired mouse, so it's not a weird wireless connection or something like that.

Last edited by Pangaea on 30 January 2022 at 4:49 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.