Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Unsubscribe from topics
dubigrasu Mar 4, 2022
I can't unsubscribe from a topic where I made a comment. I'm not sure what exactly to do, I un-checked the "Subscribe to comment box" and then if I leave the page says that I have unsaved change or something.
I've looked around the page but can't see anything obvious...I also unsubscribed form the user control panel, and the topic is gone from there, but still get the same notifications. Heck I deleted even the comment, no dice. Maybe I'm missing something?
Ehvis Mar 4, 2022
There is an unsubscribe button on the top bar above the posts.
dubigrasu Mar 4, 2022
Yeah, did that too. maybe it takes some time to come in effect?

Last edited by dubigrasu on 4 March 2022 at 9:44 am UTC
Ehvis Mar 4, 2022
In your User CP you also have a "Manage subscriptions" page. Should be possible from there as well.
dubigrasu Mar 4, 2022
Yup, did that too :) I mentioned it in my first post, and I thought that should've fix it.
Gonna wait a bit more, until the next time something is posted on that topic.
Liam Dawe Mar 4, 2022
Just ticking the box at the bottom does nothing by itself, as that is the post actions area that takes effect when you post. You need to use the dedicated unsubscribe button as mentioned, or the option in your settings.
dubigrasu Mar 5, 2022
Yeah, the checkbox went nowhere but neither did the unsubscribe button and (surprisingly what I thought it would definitely solve it) the unsubscribing option from User Control Panel. The topic was actually removed from the list of my subscriptions, yet I still got them (from the very topic I removed).
Eventually I did a logout and waited a day, and yeah, notifications were finally gone, I can see about 20 new posts and no new notifications.
It puzzles me that it wouldn't be the first time when I unsubscribed from a topic, (sometimes certain topics eventually become very heated and I loose interest) so no idea why I fumbled so much this time.

But either way, I'm good now, thanks.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.