Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Where we are about anti-cheats like XignCode for linux gaming?
IamPeppinu May 3, 2023
Hello, I know that currently is not possible to play Windows games on linux if these uses some anticheat.
I would like to play (not today but in future) a game which uses XignCode3 anti-cheat (wellbia). I tried to install this game on my ubuntu 22.04LTS, installation goes fine but game wont start at all since XignCode3 gives an error, making this game impossible to lunch.
Mine is just a question in order to know if progress is being made or not, that's all.
Thank you :)
Hooly May 4, 2023
We are at the point where many anti-cheats technically work under Linux, as long as the developer that integrates them into their game configures them to run under Linux. This is the case for the two most common third-party anti-cheats: EAC and BattlEye

nProtect GameGuard seems to work under Linux in the case of Phantasy Star Online 2 (only the NA version)
There are apparently games that use XignCode3 that work under Linux: https://areweanticheatyet.com/game/djmax-respect-v

So this seems to rely entirely on the particular game developer to enable/allow it.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.