Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
What game do you truly regret buying?
Page: «7/7
  Go to:
redneckdrow Aug 22
Forager, full stop, the end, farewell. The dev literally used an article about dropping mac support from games as a reason to drop the game's already released Linux support 4 months after release in a changelog footnote! The article the dev quoted didn't mention a thing about Linux!

That still grinds my gears! I don't care that it runs in Proton, that's not the point. If he had been less disingenuous and had he admitted that he had problems with the Linux build, I would have been fine.

*sigh*

Alright, I feel better now. Thanks guys/gals/folks!
amatai Aug 22
Age of Empire 3 whatever edition, I badly slept because of the guilt to give money to Microsoft (4 € maybe) so I ask for a refund in the morning.
Aeder Aug 22
Probably Helldivers 2, Cyberpunk 2077 or the Elden Ring DLC.

The first was ok with friends then quickly went to shit as they tried to impose Playstation account requirements, followed by constant nerfing of weapons instead of fixing long standing bugs or adding interesting content.

Cyberpunk 2077 started ok-ish, but the more you played the more you realized they couldn't fully overcome the problems that game had at launch. After some of the large changes, a lot of the stuff you could equip felt like leftovers that weren't removed. The game play mechanics were poorly implemented.

As for the Elden Ring DLC, well, even the base game felt amateurish, in the sense that you could really tell they had too much on their plate by having to make their first open world game, and their first DX12 renderer at the same time. And then they reused as much as they could from previous games but I never liked how the combat system got hastily balanced by giving enemies attacks with insane reach so they could work in open areas.

Still, I considered it a decent first attempt, though not one that I would play as much as previous entries. In the other hand the DLC feels like garbage designed to pad gameplay hours: every annoying aspect of enemies cranked up to 11, there's 3 practically empty areas, 2 of which have absolutely nothing of importance in them, and the other one forces you to walk instead of riding your horse, an end boss that is an endless sequence of bullshit, and recycled assets everywhere.

Last edited by Aeder on 22 August 2024 at 4:14 pm UTC
BrassGear Aug 23
Quoting: amataiI badly slept because of the guilt to give money to Microsoft (4 € maybe) so I ask for a refund in the morning.
Eight hours of half translucent Gates heads, cackling and expanding.

You did the right thing.

Last edited by BrassGear on 23 August 2024 at 6:54 am UTC
chaussettes Aug 23
Honestly probably Cultist Simulator and I know I'll probably get crap for it. I spent 15ish hours in that game and just gave up, it's way to esoteric of a game imo. I understand wanting to be a "discover as you go" kind of game but having zero explaination about anything, no tutorial/manual or anything and expecting you to figure out what to do without even knowing how a single thing works was way too far over the edge for me. Really wish I could refund it in steam tbh
  • Supporter Plus
D2R, the og D2 is my favorite ARPG.

D2R has the always online bullshit even to play singleplayer.

Last edited by Tadas-Estidal on 26 August 2024 at 9:27 am UTC
WYW Aug 27
Battle Bit Remastered. An "early access" game that did right what new Battlefield games did wrong.

Shortly after purchasing the game once they recommitted to supporting Linux through Proton they completely stopped working on the game and there have been no updates in 9 months at this point.

Instead of pushing updates they went to war with their player base and created a highly restrictive code of conduct that drove away most players, silenced the remaining players, and the game is now essentially dead.

The devs then imploded with infighting and ran off with the money.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.