What game do you truly regret buying?
Page: «8/8
  Go to:
Ehvis 3 days ago
Quoting: llortonDefinitely Rocket League
I tried it a bit in couch-coop with a friend fan of the game. It's fun so I decide to buy it to play online with him from time to time.
One month later, they remove the Linux version of the game. I had about 9 hours played at the time. Too late for refund.
I have not launched the game since.

You could have refunded regardless of play time. Just not through the standard option since that is only bot checked. I got mine with 20 hours.
neolith about 3 hours ago
Quoting: wvstolzingI clicked on the Flintstones link; and got intrigued by the fact that the music was made by the late Ben Daglish (familiar to C64 users from Last Ninja 1) -- so I found this link: https://youtu.be/rsOaYLc1VMw?si=xOwoFLeNIcU5UbZG -- looks like a hilariously awful game; though the music *does* have a bit of contrapuntal sophistication.

Another thing that *might* be in its favor, is that it isn't your bog standard 'euro-platformer' shovelware. It's still shit; but at least not *that* kind of shit.
I honestly don't remember anything about the music. That might be a sign for it not being horrible. I'll have to listen to it once I get home.

In terms of gameplay I think any platformer would have been better. The core game loop of the first level (that's the one in the video you posted) was really uninteresting. And the game was hard. I've never made managed to make it past that level. Second level was getting to the bowling alley I've been told. Third level was bowling with Barney. You could try that in some sort of freeplay IIRC – but I never managed to win.

I started reading magazines with game tests shortly afterwards. My parents however, who had gifted me that game (based on their fondness of the cartoon), lost faith in good games for quite some time.

Last edited by neolith on 30 September 2024 at 1:58 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.