Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Weekend Players' Club 6/14/2024
G'Day fellow tuxers……. Its Bruce your host here once again…….

[+..••] As for gaming this week in Emulationville I played [+..••]

Console

All-Star Baseball 2001 (2000 Acclaim) - Nintendo 64 - Sports (Baseball)
International Superstar Soccer 2000 (2000 Konami) - Nintendo 64 - Sports (Soccer)
Madden NFL 2003 (2002 EA Sports) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Football)
NBA Live 98 (1997 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation - Sports (Basketball)
NBA Live 2005 (2004 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Basketball)
Need For Speed: Underground (2003 Electronic Arts) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)
NHL 06 (2005 EA Sports) – Nintendo GameCube – Sports (Hockey)
NHL Hitz 2003 (2002 Midway) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Hockey)
Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (2006 Konami) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Soccer)
Ricky Ponting International Cricket 2007 (2007 Codemasters) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Cricket)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 (2003 EA Sports) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Golf)
Triple Play 2002 (2002 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Baseball)

2024 T20 Cricket World Cup…...

Ricky Ponting International Cricket 2007……….

Australia vs England……….

Hello and welcome to the Crass Regional Australian Programming I am Murray Eastlake……. And today I will be bringing you all the action from Australias Pool B match against England……

England has won the toss and elected to bat first…….

England battle hard on the damp green pitch…….. The Australian bowlers are able to keep them in check…… Limiting the English runs while also taking steady wickets……. B. Lead taking 3 wickets while G. MacGrith look 2…… As England ended their innings 7/47……. Australia needing just 48 to win……

Australia started their innings well….. Gilchurch and Hyder going along at a nice pace while frustrating the English bowlers……

That was until Hyder was caught in the deep by Dalgleish off the bowling of Flantiff……. That brought the Australian captain Ricky Pointing to the crease for the first time this tournament…….

Ponting will be out to continue what Hyder started…… Ponting gets on the front food AND HE PUNCHES THROUGH THE COVERS ALONG THE GROUND TO THE BOUNDARY…….. What a great start for the Australian Captain….. 4 off the first ball…….

Next over Gilchurch was out LBW after a stunning delivery from Dalgleish…….. Gilchurch was beaten all ends up and was left hitting air as the ball crashes into his pads……..

M. Clock makes his way to the crease also for the first time this tournament…… First ball now and its a bouncer from Dalgleish and Clock gets on the back foot early AND HE SMASHES IT OVER POINT FOR A HUUUUUGE SIX!!!!……. “COP THAT” SAYS CLOCK AS THE CLOCK SAYS ITS TIME FOR SOME MAGIC!……..

We are in the final over now….. Australia needs four runs off 6 balls…… Pasarian is bowling well and has bowled 4 dot balls in a row…….. its now 4 runs required off 2 balls……. Pasarian comes in again its fuller delivery this time PONTING POUNCES ON THE FULLER DELIVERY ON THE FRONT FLOOT AND PUNCHES IT STRAIGHT DOWN THE GROUND PAST THE BOWLER FOR FOUR……. AUSTRALIA WIN WITH 1 BALL REMAINING……. WHAT A SENSATIONAL GAME OF CRICKET…….

Well there you have it folks…….. Another chapter has been entered into the great book of cricket……

Game Action…….

Match Result…….

Englands Batting Card…...

Australias Bowling Card…...

Australias Batting Card…….

Englands Bowling Card…...

And now onto the second match on this double header….. As Australia takes on Kenya…….

Kenya vs Australia……….

Kenya has won the toss and elected to bat first…….

Australia will look to continue their winning form against Kenya…… *BZZZZZZZZZT* Dont be alarmed…… I have taken over the air waves…….. The mighty all powerful Doritos Pope…….

Im tired of being ignored and down trodden so im taking matters into my own hands……. You cant ignore me this time Pengling…… I have taken over every TV channel in the world….. Including this CRAP one……

As you can see behind me…… *Camera doesnt move*….. *AHEM*…… As you can see behind me….. *Camera still doesnt move*…… Nacho Nun….. The camera……. AS YOU CAN SEE BEHIND ME….. *Camera pans over to look behind the Doritos Pope*……. I have resurrected the Ninja Turtles…….

And unless you want them to take all the credit for rescuing the banana bint April O’Neil I suggest you make your way here and rescue her for yourself…… *several strings snap and Donatello falls to the ground like a sack of potatos*………. *Camera quickly pans back to the Doritos Pope*……….

Well uhhhh...... So this is your last chance Pengling……. Become the hero you want to be……. Or be the villain you know you are……… *Evil laugh*………

Pengling is at home sitting on the brown sofa…… With a blue robot sleeping next to her……. Pengling turns off the TV before muttering “East Enders has really turned to shite lately” to herself…….

*BZZZZZZZT*…… Well there you have it folks…….. Another chapter has been entered into the great book of cricket…….

Australia has taken a total dominating victory……. Kenya was NEVER allowed to even sniff a victory here today by this on fire Australia team…….

G. MacGrith……. Also known as “Pigeon” will need an annual pigeon race named after him after this historic performance…… You have all just witnessed history here….. Records that will never be broken……...

Australia have secured their place in the Super 8 round.....

Make sure to tune in next week to catch all the 2024 T20 World Cup action when we will feature Australias final Pool B match…….. As Australia will take on Scotland……. As well as Australias first Super 8 match......

This is Murray Eastlake reporting for the Crass Regional Australian Programming..... And until next time its goodbye from me….

Game Action…….

Match Result…….

Kenyas Batting Card…...

Australias Bowling Card…...

Australias Batting Card…….

Kenyas Bowling Card…...

The Road To PES Penguin 6

The road to unlock the PES Penguin in Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is at 4800 PES points out of 5000……….

Other Screenshots……...

Madden NFL 2003 (2002 EA Sports) - Nintendo Gamecube - Sports (Football)

Triple Play 2002 (2002 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Baseball)

NHL 06 (2005 EA Sports) – Nintendo GameCube – Sports (Hockey)

International Superstar Soccer 2000 (2000 Konami) - Nintendo 64 - Sports (Soccer)

NBA Live 98 (1997 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation - Sports (Basketball)

Need For Speed: Underground (2003 Electronic Arts) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)

All-Star Baseball 2001 (2000 Acclaim) - Nintendo 64 - Sports (Baseball)

NHL Hitz 2003 (2002 Midway) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Hockey)

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 (2003 EA Sports) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Golf)

Ricky Ponting International Cricket 2007 (2007 Codemasters) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Cricket)

NBA Live 2005 (2004 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Basketball)

Well thats it from me…… Hope all you tuxers have a good week……

Now for my bad joke of the week……
My wife told me that men wearing camoflarge are so sexy...... I just dont see it.......
*ba dum.... tssssh…...*
Pengling Jun 14

It turns out that Clockwork Knight was another 1990s Sega title that got split into two separate full-price games in much the same fashion as Sonic & Knuckles, with the first game being left on a cliffhanger, so, to finish the story, my first pick this weekend is Clockwork Knight 2 (Saturn).

The original Clockwork Knight saw its hero, Pepperouchau, needing to rescue the kidnapped Chelsea, a doll who lives in a cuckoo-clock, whose song brings all the toys to life at night, and without whom the toys will never be able to live again. After rescuing her, it's revealed that she won't wake up, and so Clockwork Knight 2 picks up right where the first game left off (charmingly, with a re-fight with the previous game's final boss), with our heroic toy knight now having to figure out how to save Chelsea once and for all.

There are a few more bells and whistles and unlockable bonuses this time around, but the gameplay has largely the same "Donkey Kong Country + Fairytales"-style charm as before (and it has more lovely jazzy music, too). I'm really enjoying it so far.

I'll also be playing Willy Wombat (Saturn), which was created through a collaboration between two of my all-time favourite game-companies: Hudson Soft and Westone. It was recommended to me by an old friend decades ago, but I wasn't in a position to try it out at the time, since I was lacking a Saturn at that point, and Saturn emulation was so primitive and so in need of beefy hardware that it may as well not have existed at all to me at the time.

Dating all the way back to 1997, it's an interesting evolutionary dead-end for early 3D-platformers, opting to use very nice-looking Donkey Kong Country/Klonoa-style pre-rendered sprites for the characters, enemies, and items, contrasting with polygons for the stages and obstacles, with the only camera controls being the ability to rotate your somewhat-overhead view of each stage. Set in a supposedly-utopian walled-in society contradictorily known as the "Prison", where residents can more-or-less live forever but at the cost of agency and freedom, Willy Wombat, a former warden of the place, seeks to find the Miracle Gems in order to open up the path to a place called "Eden", so that he can escape and live his own life as he chooses - but he'll have to face off against his former colleagues along the way, so it won't be an easy task!

It plays very well (and although there are collectibles, they are not actually required to see the ending - though picking up a lot of them is wise, as enough will earn you cards which are used to save your progress) and has a lot of personality, helped greatly by the excellent cartoony character-designs by Susumu Matsushita (most famous for creating distinctive cover-art for the famous magazine Famitsu, and box-art for games like Hudson's Adventure Island), and some really good voice-acting for the era, plus a couple of neat songs as well for the opening and ending. Interestingly, the voice-work is entirely in English in spite of the game being Japan-exclusive, making it very import-friendly (the menus are generally in Japanese, but they're very easy to figure out). I was most amused when I discovered that one of the characters is voiced by the same actor as Red Bomberman, too.

This one deserves a lot more praise and attention than it gets - give it a look if you can!

[+..••] Other stuff that I played this week;

Croc: Legend of the Gobbos (Saturn)

Safari Hunting (SG-1000)

Stumble Guys (Proton)

Super Bomberman R 2 (Proton)

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderAnd now onto the second match on this double header….. As Australia takes on Kenya…….

Kenya vs Australia……….

Kenya has won the toss and elected to bat first…….

Australia will look to continue their winning form against Kenya…… *BZZZZZZZZZT* Dont be alarmed…… I have taken over the air waves…….. The mighty all powerful Doritos Pope…….

Im tired of being ignored and down trodden so im taking matters into my own hands……. You cant ignore me this time Pengling…… I have taken over every TV channel in the world….. Including this CRAP one……

As you can see behind me…… *Camera doesnt move*….. *AHEM*…… As you can see behind me….. *Camera still doesnt move*…… Nacho Nun….. The camera……. AS YOU CAN SEE BEHIND ME….. *Camera pans over to look behind the Doritos Pope*……. I have resurrected the Ninja Turtles…….

And unless you want them to take all the credit for rescuing the banana bint April O’Neil I suggest you make your way here and rescue her for yourself…… *several strings snap and Donatello falls to the ground like a sack of potatos*………. *Camera quickly pans back to the Doritos Pope*……….

Well uhhhh...... So this is your last chance Pengling……. Become the hero you want to be……. Or be the villain you know you are……… *Evil laugh*………

Pengling is at home sitting on the brown sofa…… With a blue robot sleeping next to her……. Pengling turns off the TV before muttering “East Enders has really turned to shite lately” to herself…….

*BZZZZZZZT*…… Well there you have it folks…….. Another chapter has been entered into the great book of cricket…….

Australia has taken a total dominating victory……. Kenya was NEVER allowed to even sniff a victory here today by this on fire Australia team…….

G. MacGrith……. Also known as “Pigeon” will need an annual pigeon race named after him after this historic performance…… You have all just witnessed history here….. Records that will never be broken……...

Australia have secured their place in the Super 8 round.....

Make sure to tune in next week to catch all the 2024 T20 World Cup action when we will feature Australias final Pool B match…….. As Australia will take on Scotland……. As well as Australias first Super 8 match......

This is Murray Eastlake reporting for the Crass Regional Australian Programming..... And until next time its goodbye from me….
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh goodness, I was howling with laughter at this one, especially once you topped it off with that zing against EastEnders (which, honestly, I always thought was shite!).

We'll definitely need to get a new sofa, since Blue Bomberman always takes it over when he's sleeping, which seems to be 99% of the time!

As for the Dorito Pope, lemme think about that for a minute......

NAH!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderThe Road To PES Penguin 6

The road to unlock the PES Penguin in Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is at 4800 PES points out of 5000……….
Stop slacking off and get that penguin unlocked!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderWell thats it from me…… Hope all you tuxers have a good week……

Now for my bad joke of the week……
My wife told me that men wearing camoflarge are so sexy...... I just dont see it.......
*ba dum.... tssssh…...*
Oh lord.
Quoting: PenglingIt turns out that Clockwork Knight was another 1990s Sega title that got split into two separate full-price games in much the same fashion as Sonic & Knuckles, with the first game being left on a cliffhanger, so, to finish the story, my first pick this weekend is Clockwork Knight 2 (Saturn).
Deliberately splitting a game up into several full priced games is now just standard practice........

Quoting: PenglingI'll also be playing Willy Wombat (Saturn)
"Willy Wombat" sounds like the name of an Australian adult bar......

Quoting: PenglingIt plays very well
With a name like that it better "play" very well

Quoting: Pengling
Croc: Legend of the Gobbos (Saturn)
Does Croc blink in this version???.....

Safari Hunting (SG-1000)
Damn..... Breaking out the SG-1000........ Ive got a few games I want to play on that..... Should do that after the T20 world cup......

Stumble Guys (Proton)
I never have any idea of whats actually going on in these screenshots......

Super Bomberman R 2 (Proton)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING........

Also that game looks really damn nice....... It almost looks like an actual diorama......

Quoting: PenglingAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh goodness, I was howling with laughter at this one, especially once you topped it off with that zing against EastEnders (which, honestly, I always thought was shite!).
Its the most British show I could think off...... And im glad your still enjoying the silly storyline........

Quoting: PenglingWe'll definitely need to get a new sofa, since Blue Bomberman always takes it over when he's sleeping, which seems to be 99% of the time!
Dont forget to buy a brown sofa.....

Quoting: PenglingAs for the Dorito Pope, lemme think about that for a minute......

NAH!
NAH.....

Quoting: PenglingStop slacking off and get that penguin unlocked!
Stop telling me what to do!......

Quoting: PenglingOh lord.
It is "Bad joke of the week" for a reason...
Pengling Jun 17
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderDeliberately splitting a game up into several full priced games is now just standard practice........
And it was pioneered by Sega. Thanks for that, Sega.

Quoting: StoneColdSpider"Willy Wombat" sounds like the name of an Australian adult bar......
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderWith a name like that it better "play" very well
Oh lord.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderDoes Croc blink in this version???.....
Nope, but that's far from the worst oversight! Worse ones include the camera being pulled right in thus making it tougher to see everything, the character-models being larger thus causing the camera to get stuck on things all the time, and the analogue controls being absolutely awful thus forcing you to use the d-pad instead. It makes the game much more difficult than intended - skip the Saturn version and just stick with the PlayStation one, which was the lead version.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderDamn..... Breaking out the SG-1000........ Ive got a few games I want to play on that..... Should do that after the T20 world cup......
Please do! I'm curious to see what you've got in mind - it's an interesting little system, for sure.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderI never have any idea of whats actually going on in these screenshots......
That kind of fits the vibe of the game, to be fair! You get dropped into a stage with a one-line instruction, and then you have to figure it out on your own from there.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING........

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderAlso that game looks really damn nice....... It almost looks like an actual diorama......
I guess when the gameplay and visuals were perfected so long ago, they can put a bit of time into a few pretty flourishes like that.

Quoting: PenglingIts the most British show I could think off...... And im glad your still enjoying the silly storyline........
I absolutely am!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderDont forget to buy a brown sofa.....
Hahaha, of course!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderNAH.....

Last edited by Pengling on 17 June 2024 at 8:33 am UTC
Ehvis Jun 17
Clearly all those mentioned games were unnecessary. The only thing that needed playing this weekend was the new Talos Principle 2 DLC!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.