Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Project Silverfish, an upcoming game by ADACA's developer Siris Pendrake
williamjcm about 7 hours ago
I was part of the closed alpha playtest for Project Silverfish, and now that the demo is out on Itch.io (and Steam as well, though it's technically for the upcoming Next Fest but *shhh* :D), I feel like I should spread the word even more (Siris allowed people to publicly stream/record during the closed playtest to help visibility).

To oversimplify it, it's an open-world FPS inspired by S.T.A.L.K.E.R., with (optional) extraction shooter-style death/respawning, and with a Half-Like movement system, taking place in a world where humanity as we know it is gone. Powered by UE5.

The demo has a decent amount of content already (a few pre-made character classes plus a random option, a dozen overworld regions, around half a dozen dungeons, a plethora of weapons/armours, and a whole bunch of quests to go along with it), and it plays well in Proton too (Proton 9 and Experimental are known to work). However, Steam Deck playability isn't there yet, due to the dev prioritising KB/M controls, and a lack of (default) controller bindings.

Needless to say, it's quickly become my favourite game of this year back in July when the closed playtest began, and considering we're already in the last quarter of the year, I doubt anything will dethrone it by the time 2025 arrives.

Last edited by williamjcm on 11 October 2024 at 11:32 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.