You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Helena the Third
Page: «4/7»
  Go to:
Brandon Smith May 4, 2011
Thanks for giving it a go liam. Sounds like it might be a permissions issue. If you don't mind could you try chmod on the entire directory giving it read/write privileges and see if that helps? Otherwise, it's cool, thanks for trying the demo out. I'll see if I can address this in the next update.
Liam Dawe May 4, 2011
Odd it works now not sure what happened there. Running via terminal gives that message but the 64bit file works now :).

So giving it a little test, will test properly later.
Rustybolts May 7, 2011
Just thought I would post a little teaser screenshot of world 2.
[ATTACH=full]140[/ATTACH]
Liam Dawe May 8, 2011
Oooo looks pretty.
Rustybolts May 31, 2011
Well I thought id post this little speed run I did on Helena the 3rd level 1 on one of our old builds
[media=youtube]_uirhikUxzk[/media]
Brandon Smith Jun 1, 2011
And here's a video from me.

[media=youtube]MQpXo_nJ27E[/media]

P.S. I like the music Rusty :)
Rustybolts Jun 3, 2011
V1.14 is out! :)

V1.14 contains the following new features.

Full 3D mouse aiming.
New enemies added to the game.
Additional mouse sensitivity options.
Completely redesigned world 2.
Variable jump height
Gun bob in FPS
Destructible blocks
Brandon Smith Jun 13, 2011
A Youtube friend of mine, Drackbolt, posted a let's play of Helena The 3rd!
[media=youtube]V7GOk817yZw[/media]
Liam Dawe Jun 13, 2011
I really need to get around to giving it a good playthrough! I will eventually, but then again the more time i wait the more awesome it seems to get :D
Brandon Smith Jun 16, 2011
Ah, I don't blame you honestly. The current version is more for people who remember Blaster Master, and just have to play the game we're making now. I'd say in a month and a half or so, we should have the game pretty close to it's final state.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.