You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Article Submissions: Site Features
Keizgon Feb 4, 2015
Hello, as someone relatively new to submitting articles for the front page, I started to ponder on what would make things smoother into submitting better articles and generally make life easier for those who have to go through the process of the final touches of editing it. I feel the larger the amount of submissions that occur (I do not know the current size) it may be worth looking into.

It would be nice to acquire tools, or features, through the site on the user end to:

- Pull a submission that is pending (maybe preserving the copy)
- Be notified about a pending status or rejection (with a few notes from the admin to improve or be warned about said content)
- Revise a submission (if rejected on lack of quality)

Needless to say, mistakes happen, and a simple click is a finger away from occurring. :)

Likewise, if submissions increase, quality control tools may be a nice way to ease newer user's into submitting better content without keeping them too much in the dark of what has occurred. Of course, to maybe lessen potential nagging or bothering an admin editor. :)

If some of these features exist, I apologize, I am unaware of the current tool set provided.
Liam Dawe Feb 5, 2015
Quoting: Keizgon- Pull a submission that is pending (maybe preserving the copy)
- Be notified about a pending status or rejection (with a few notes from the admin to improve or be warned about said content)
- Revise a submission (if rejected on lack of quality)

1) It's an interesting idea, but we don't generally get anyone wanting to pull their submissions.
2) On it being accepted or denied, it automatically emails you
3) Yeah, we will eventually add something like this, but the problem is when it's sent to us, we tend to make a fair few edits ourselves between the editors, so it might be tricky to do.
Keizgon Feb 6, 2015
1) Maybe it's just me. :)
2) Ah, thanks. Noticed the accepted part, have yet to check the denied one. Still would be cool to have denied notes. Though I guess I could just email about it for the future.
3) Perhaps an admin call for a motion to flat out "deny for revision" before the admin revision takes place? Good to know its planned for down the road.

Personally I haven't had any issues submitting so far. Though I won't take offence to a rejection. This is where a few notes of improvement comes in handy, for me, at least.

I guess its entirely possible someone might not see it the same way though, and then irrationally flipping out over a critique.
Liam Dawe Feb 6, 2015
2) It's up to an editor to enter text when an article is denied, and I won't force it as I don't want people to have to enter something on denying spam.
3) We have an article locking system in place, so it can easily hook into it once it's fully completed, poke me again in a month or so :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.